2. Breathe. Build some down time into your day where you can relax. Place your tongue on the roof of your mouth and slowly inhale and exhale.
3. Lighten up. Find humor in the mishaps of daily life. Cultivate your sense of humor by indulging in things that make you laugh.
4. Phone a Friend. Sharing your burdens or helping someone else with theirs can be a blessing and give you new perspective.
5. Let Go of any action as soon as you complete it. Don’t dwell on that you should or shouldn’t have done or said.
6. Get Moving. Exercise! It will help combat fatigue and excess pounds. It also raises endorphins in the body and acts as an antidepressant.
7. SMILE — it’s the most valuable tool in your attitude box with a duo purpose. Bless others and yourself–go ahead and grin and wear it!
8. Come Apart — so you don’t come apart. Daily set aside time to read your bible and sit quietly. God leads with a still small voice (Mark6:31).
9. Organize. Is there a “clutter catch” in your house that needs to be conquered? Set the timer for 30-60 minutes and de-clutter what you can.
10. Take a 15 Minute Power Nap – A secret to give you extra energy in the evenings. Set the timer and ONLY sleep 15 minutes J
11. Soak Away Stress. A hot bubble bath can do wonders. If you lack the time, try just washing your face or your hands with very warm water.
12. Read What You Need. The lure of catalogs, the bling of magazines and even the daily newspaper can eat up hours. Whether it’s spiritual, relational or comic relief, choose what you can use and lose the rest.
13. Make a List– but keep it simple. A running list of the important MUST DO things will help you keep on top of last minute stressors.
14. Play with a Child – Read a book, play a game, build with blocks, pretend with dolls or color a coloring book, connect with a little one.
15. Get Out . Go outside or look out the window and lose yourself in the beauty of nature. See it, breathe it, touch it and listen to it,–the Creator made the world for us to enjoy.
Have you heard the news? My new book, Out the Door in 15 Minutes is about to launch! Starting April 7, 2013, I’ll be offering a special price here on the blog only.