You can use trends to YOUR advantage
Prints are an easy way to update for the season and you have choices:
- Animal prints remain a strong statement maker
- Designs with Native American colors and patterns
Jill’s rule: don’t pair a cheetah with a python or you’ll have a fight on your hands.
Accessories and accents
- Layered mixed necklaces
- Fur; Real and faux
- Wide brim felt hats
- Feather details in jewelry, hair and clothing
- Scarves and more scarves (for ways to wear your scarves, click HERE)
If you are uneasy experimenting with the trends, Remember what John Wesley the 18th Century preacher once said: “As to matters of dress, I would recommend one never to be first in the fashion nor the last out of it.”
2 pieces of advice:
1. Enjoy trends that feel right and accentuate your most attractive assets. Does the new color, pattern, or style draw attention to your beautiful eyes or rich hair color?
2. Try pairing a trendy piece with a classic standard from your current wardrobe:
- You could try a stylish new jacket with a little fur accent to go with your pencil skirt or your dress slacks.
- How about an animal print shoe with your dark denim jeans or jacket and favorite turtleneck?
- Or maybe just a funky pair of feather earrings with your favorite silk blouse and wool jacket.
Own your look, and don’t be a slave to fashion.
Jill Swanson, owner of Beauty Made Easy, image coach, style consultant, national speaker, and the author of Simply Beautiful Inside & Out, Simply Scarves, and Simply Closets.
Click on the icons below and follow me!
Jill is also a member of NSA and AICI.
Looking for a makeover? Call Jill! 507-281-2981
Leave a Reply