The time to do your best fall shopping is now!
Department stores and boutiques are celebrating the season ahead and we all know how hard it is to get our mind wrapped around wearing winter clothes when its 90 degrees outside!
Retailers know that and the prices for these ‘pre-season’ clothes are some of the best early on. To take advantage of the discount, here’s how to prepare:
- Get inspired by checking out current magazines (InStyle’s September issue is a good start). Look at the catalogues that come in your mailbox and make note of what is catching your eye.
- Before heading to the store, look at what you wore! What did you wear to death last year? Does it need to be replaced?
- Shop with the intention of introducing a new color to your closet. Choose one that resonates with you this season. You can start small with a necklace, shoe, scarf or sweater. Do 2 or more pieces of the color so that you can have your hues harmonizing
- Boots are a staple for the upcoming months – and can be pricey. Get them early in the season while they are on sale and have your size. Don’t wait until the end of the season to get a deal here, you won’t have time to wear and enjoy them – and who knows what will be in next year!
- If you are lacking scarves and shawls in your wardrobe, get them now in colors that look great on you. They are perfect for transitioning into colder weather and will make your existing wardrobe look fresh and new!
My new book, Out the Door in 15 Minutes is NOW AVAILABLE! You can purchase it here or from Amazon.
Jill Swanson, owner of Beauty Made Easy, image coach, style consultant, corporate speaker, national speaker, and the author of Out the Door in 15 Minutes, Simply Beautiful Inside & Out, Simply Scarves, and Simply Closets.
Simply Scarves is full of inspiration to help you look great and ideas for updating your wardrobe – simply! Click HERE to learn more.
Leave a Reply