I just got back from the big conference launch for the newly named ministry team “For Your Inspiration” (formerly Women Inspired). What a wonderful event and a blessing to get to know 6 great gals:
- Shannon Ethridge (author – “Every Woman’s Battle” & more and so gifted in many ways!),
- Sandra Aldrich (Author/fabulous storyteller and former Senior Editor at Focus on the Family),
- Tammy Maltby (Author/TV personality & fireball of a gal 🙂
- Julie Gorman (Author and executive director of FYI whose true gift is love!)
- Lorraine Pintus (Author – “Intimate Issues” & other best sellers with a heart as big as the Colorado sky)
- And last but not least the hilarious author & Mother of the year, Kendra Smiley.
What a blessing to see God work in the lives of not only the women who attended, but those of us on the team and the hard-working support staff behind the scenes.
I took a walk with God the morning of my presentation in Colorado Springs near the mountains to watch the sunrise. I rejoice at the sight of the first peaks of light whenever possible, but He really made His presence known by giving me rare glimpse of His creation. About 10 feet in front of me, two large elk walked across my path.
Lorraine reaffirmed how God speaks to us each differently in her keynote the night before. For some of us it’s a quiet voice in our head, for the next it may be in a hug from a friend. I’ve always known that for me it is in nature and seeing animals. God is so good, that He cares to reach out and touch us in unique ways if we just open our hearts, our ears and our eyes to Him. Reminds me of that verse in 1 Cor 2:9, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.”
I invite you to take a few minutes and learn about FYInsiration at http://fyinspiration.org/
I’m gearing up for a new blog series for you – I’ll let you know more about it tomorrow. Until then. . .
Jill Swanson, owner of Beauty Made Easy, image coach, style consultant, national speaker, and the author of Simply Beautiful Inside & Out, Simply Scarves, and Simply Closets.
Click on the icons below and follow me!
Jill is also part of the FYInspiration team, a member of NSA, and certified by AICI.